Tour Date: 19th April 2019 To: 22nd April 2019
Executive Coach pickup from Westcliff RFC. Meet at 9:30am on the 19th for Departure
The coach will be stopping along the way where food can be purchased, however you may want to take a packed lunch for the journey.Return Ferry Crossing btw Dover & Dunkirk/Calais and Coach Drop off at the Club on the 22nd @ 8pm
Hostel Accommodation (Specialising in Schools and Groups):
Stayokay Utrecht Bunnik (5km from City Center)
Rhijnauwenselaan 14, 3981 HH Bunnik, Netherlands | Tel: 0031 30 656 1277
Rugby Festival (Approval)
Hilversum International Youth Tournament
Rugby Club Hilversum, Kininelaantje 7-A, 1216 BZ Hilversum, Nederland
+ (0)35 – 656 19 53 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities include: North Sea Power Boating experience
Click HERE for full tour itinery
If anyone has any queries , requires any additional information on any of the subjects raised in this or any of the appendices then please do not hesitate to contact Ty Harris
Tour Manager & Safeguarding Officer:
Tel: 07432 604036
Tour First Aider:
Tel: 07880 705075
Club Home Contact:
Tel: 0798 4013108
Tel: 07766 408032
Further Info / T's & C's
Our current schedule is as below, and will be subject to refinement. I will keep you informed of any changes:
Day 1 – Friday 19/04/2019:
- Tour Open
- Meet at Westcliff RFC @ 9:30am
- Transfer by coach and Ferry to Accommodation
- Evening at leisure
Day 2 – Saturday 20/04/2019:
- Transfer and rugby match at RC Haagsche
- Lunch (drinks will need to be purchased)
- Transfer to Beach
- North Sea Power boating experience
- Return to Utrecht and then onto Gauchos Grill Restaurant (all-you can eat) (drinks will need to be purchased)
- Return to accommodation
Day 3 – Sunday 21/04/2019
- Transfer to RC Hilversum for Tournament
- Return to accommodation
- Tansfer & Dinner at Koete (Chicken/Burgers, drinks will need to be purchased)
Day 4 – Monday 22/04/2019 (Lunch not provided – trip home)
- Morning at leisure
- Return transfer via coach and ferry to WRFC
- Arrival time 8pm
- Tour Close
All on-site and other tour supervision will be undertaken by the usual Under 16s team management members, so no additional volunteers are necessary. Supervision rota – Ty , Mick , Dave and Zig will be with the players for every activity. Unaccompanied players will be split ( 4 each ) between them to make Supervision manageable when out.
To book a place on tour for your please fill out the Online booking Form and make the required payment (see below).
All bookings, including full payment must be completed by
8th February 2019.
- Supervision to Club & RFU Standards
- Power boating
Please be on-time with booking and payments. Delays in payments can put the entire tour at risk.
Other Tour Information
In the Event of an Emergency:
- Remain calm and take time to think if possible
- Establish the facts and nature of the situation
- Ensure all children are safe and supervised
- Contact tour manager as soon as possible
- Identify if any children/volunteers are hurt and their immediate medical requirements
- If medical attention is needed call the first aider or the emergency services for an ambulance
- Ensure that the child is accompanied to hospital by an appropriate adult volunteer
- Complete an incident form once the situation is resolved.
- As with club rugby, any overnight stay in hospital, must be reported to the RFU who will follow up and liaise with the parent if necessary.
If there is a safeguarding issue:
- Report the incident to the Tour Safeguarding Officer
- Complete RFU Incident/Concern Reporting Form
- Tour Safeguarding Officer and Tour Manager will decide the course of action using the RFU Safeguarding Policy, Guidance and Procedures.
In the unlikely event of bad behavior, the tour management team may use sanctions. This could involve loss of activity time.
Alcohol & Drugs:
Drinking laws in the Netherlands are similar to the UK and the Exec Committee has given permission for us to offer 1 drink at our evening meal to the players, so please let me know if you do not wish you son to partake. Any other drinking or any taking of alcohol will not be tolerated and sanctions will be levelled if this occurs.
There will be a briefing with all of the players upon arrival where we will explain the behaviour requirements, itinerary, room allocation and advise the emergency procedures including the appointed Tour Safeguarding Officer.
Whilst on Tour the management team will meet every morning and evening to discuss any issues that arise.
The Home Contact role is to be the point of contact in case of emergency will and co-ordinate between parent/guardians and the tour management team.
Karen Laycock, the Club Safeguarding Officer, is independent from the planning and management of the tour and should only be contacted where a safeguarding issue occurs and where the Tour Management/Club Home Contact are unable to address.
Kit – matchday shirts, shorts and socks will be provided for Sat/Sun games . Clothing will depend on the weather please pack accordingly . Please pack appropriately for the Powerboating – wet gear obviously !!
Bed Linen is supplied but TOWELS are not .
Suggested kit list:
Towel (for showers)
Toiletry bag – soap, toothpaste & brush
Waterproof tops (power boating experience)
Suitable footwear (such as trainers) for outdoor wear
Suitable indoor footwear
Tracksuit bottoms or similar (not jeans)
Socks & underwear
Mandatory kit: Usual rugby kit including: base layers, gum shield, scrum hats, and boots
Playing Kit: Shirts, shorts and socks will be supplied for all matches.
Spending Money: There will be limited opportunities for spending/shopping . But cash will no doubt be needed for snacks and drinks. We estimate that €100 would be sufficient. Care of money is the responsibility of the individual and not the Club.
Mobile Phones & Valuable Items:
Mobile phones are the responsibility of the individuals and we cannot accept any liability for loss or damage. Make sure your phone has data or ability to be used abroad. The Clubs Media Policy still applies on tour, so inappropriate posts will not be tolerated.
Valuables – Ipads, music devices should be kept to a minimum and again will remain the responsibility of the players.
If you wish to pass prescription medicines to the tour First Aider to look after they must be marked with the patient name and clear instructions of administration.
Nearest A & E:
3584 CX UTRECHT
Reception 1 (level 0), UMC Utrecht site
Insurance cover over the tour consists of:
- Sky High Sports Public Liability Cover of up to £5 million
- Stayokay Utrecht Bunnik Public Liability Cover of up to € 5,000,000
- Powerboat Public Liability of up to £5 million
- The usual RFU Personal Accident Insurance which is for Rugby only http://englandrugbyinsurance.co.uk/personal-accident
Any additional cover is the responsibility of the individual (e.g. personal travel insurance SHS recommend a policy to include Cat 2 Sports and Activity. Westcliff RFC will not accept any liability).
Westcliff Rugby club is committed to protect members personal data and complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Reform (GDPR)
If not listed within the policy, permission will be requested for additional distributions. All data collected will be destroyed within 1 month of completing the tour. You have a right to review and amend the data provided, and you also have the right to withdraw your data and also your permission to use that data at any time. Please contact the Tour Manager if you wish to do this. Data access will be facilitated as quickly as possible, taking a maximum of 2 weeks to make available. Data use will stop immediately upon withdrawal of permission. For more information regarding your data protection right please go to the GDPR page on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
The following Risk Assessments will be completed on tour:
- Accommodation , General Areas, and Fire
- Activities (a review of safety measures will be undertaken incl. Safety Briefing and inspection on craft and equipment)
Useful Documents and Links: