Please complete the Tour Permission & Concent form ASAP
Under 8's, 9's, 10's and 11's
Tour Date: Friday 8th April 2022 To: Sunday 10th April 2022
Drop off at the Kingswood Centre at 5pm
Pickup from HOLT RFC at 2pm
Accommodation and Activity Site:
Cromer Road, West Runton, Cromer, Norfolk, NR27 9NF
Tour Managers & Tour Safeguarding Officers:
Under 8: Cat Rushton 07824891229
Under 9: Karen Plumb 07875 355663
Under 10: Gareth Sykes 07771 983880
Under 11: Simon Davies 07944 431788
Tour First Aiders
Under 8: Matt Freeman 07961261359
Under 9: Karen Plumb 07875 355663
Under 10: Tony Mayo 07706 989811
Under 11: Rob Goudie 07970 106621
Tour Home Contact:
Under 8: Maria Wing 07941181323
Under 9: Jayne Manley 07557359250
Under 10: Heidi Cooper 07876 228296
Under 11: Sarah Allum 07793 753463
Club Safeguarding Officer:
Darren Morrant 07506 673654
Richard Johnson 07501 593147
Further Info / T's & C's
All Tour Volunteers will be members of the age groups management team and they will comply with Safeguarding policies and procedures, and have a valid, RFU DBS check.
To book a place on tour for your please fill out the Online Permission & Concent Form (see top of page).
- Supervision to Club & RFU Standards
- Transportation from and back to Westcliff RFC as well as any planned transfers whilst on tour
- On-Site Activities
Please be on-time with booking and payments. Delays in payments can put the entire tour at risk.
Other Tour Information
In the Event of an Emergency:
- Remain calm and take time to think if possible
- Establish the facts and nature of the situation
- Ensure all children are safe and supervised
- Contact tour manager as soon as possible
- Identify if any children/volunteers are hurt and their immediate medical requirements
- If medical attention is needed call the first aider or the emergency services for an ambulance
- Ensure that the child is accompanied to hospital by an appropriate adult volunteer
- Complete an incident form once the situation is resolved.
- As with club rugby, any overnight stay in hospital, must be reported to the RFU who will follow up and liaise with the parent if necessary.
If there is a safeguarding issue:
- Report the incident to the Tour Safeguarding Officer
- Complete RFU Incident/Concern Reporting Form
- Tour Safeguarding Officer and Tour Manager will decide the course of action using the RFU Safeguarding Policy, Guidance and Procedures.
In the unlikely event of bad behavior, the tour management team may use sanctions. This could involve loss of activity time.
The Home Contact role is to be the point of contact in case of emergency will and co-ordinate between parent/guardians and the tour management team.
Karen Laycock, the Club Safeguarding Officer, is independent from the planning and management of the tour and should only be contacted where a safeguarding issue occurs and where the Tour Management/Club Home Contact are unable to address.
Suggested kit list:
Towel (for showers)
Toiletry bag – soap, toothpaste & brush
Suitable footwear (such as trainers) for outdoor wear
Suitable indoor footwear
Tracksuit bottoms or similar (not jeans)
Socks & underwear
Pajamas and slippers / socks
A named water bottle
Long sleeved top
Cold weather items: coat, gloves & hat
Warm weather items: Sun cream / hat
Mandatory kit: Usual rugby kit including: base layers, gum shield, shorts, socks, boots etc.
Spending Money: There is a small shop on site which sells sweets and small souvenirs, so £5 to £10 would be ok.
Mobile Phones & Valuable Items: Mobile phones & Ipads are not to be taken on tour, and other valuables are discouraged. In the unlikely event that your child is home sick communications can be made through the tour safeguarding officer. Westcliff RFC will not take responsibility for the loss or damage of valuable items.
If you wish to pass prescription medicines to the tour First Aider to look after they must be marked with the patient name and clear instructions of administration.
Kingswood have standard dormitory style accommodation. Rooms range of purpose built dormitories. All accommodation buildings have gender-separated bathroom and shower facilities and party leader rooms close by. Sheets, duvets and pillows are provided for all guests.
To fuel young guests during a long day of thrilling adventure activities, we serve three meals per day, with lots of choice and seasonal variations. Each day there is a carefully balanced and nutritional meal plan, recently updated to meet and exceed the latest Government standards on young people’s meals.
Site First Aid Arrangements:
Kingswood: All activities have rapid access to first aid trained staff and facilities & a Kingswood Duty Manager and first-aiders are on call 24 hours a day
Nearest A & E: https:
Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital
Tel: 01603 286 286
Insurance cover over the tour consists of:
f up to £5 million
- Kingswood Centre Public Liability Cover of up to £5m
- The usual RFU Personal Accident Insurance which is for Rugby only http://englandrugbyinsurance.co.uk/personal-accident
Any additional cover is the responsibility of the individual (e.g. personal holiday insurance and Westcliff RFC will not accept any liability).
Westcliff Rugby club is committed to protect members personal data and complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Reform (GDPR)
The personal data collected for the tour by the Tour Manager will be kept securely and only distributed ,on a need-to-know basis, for the purpose of delivering a safe, enjoyable, tour At this time, with you permission given via the On-line Tour Booking form. Your data will be shared in line with the Westcliff RFC’s Data Protection Policy, the Data Privacy of Kingswood Centre.
If not listed within the policy, permission will be requested for additional distributions. All data collected will be destroyed within 1 month of completing the tour. You have a right to review and amend the data provided, and you also have the right to withdraw your data and also your permission to use that data at any time. Please contact the Tour Manager if you wish to do this. Data access will be facilitated as quickly as possible, taking a maximum of 2 weeks to make available. Data use will stop immediately upon withdrawal of permission. For more information regarding your data protection right please go to the GDPR page on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Useful Documents and Links:
- Westcliff RFC Safeguarding Policy
- Westcliff RFC Conduct
- RFU Touring with Children Policy
- RFU Safeguarding Policy Guidance and Procedures
- General Data Protection Reform