After two longs years off, The Aaron Lewis Foundation (ALF) is delighted to invite your rugby club to enter a team into the Annual ALF10s, to be held at Westcliff Rugby Club on Saturday the 9th July 2022.
This is the first tournament for ALF since the pandemic and we need your help (and team) to get it back to its former glory. Before Covid, we saw some twenty teams compete for the cash prize and enjoy the day’s festivities, including live music and pitch side bar! We are aiming for 10 mens and 10 womens teams!
The ALF was created by friends of Aaron Lewis – a Lieutenant in the 29 Commando Regiment, Royal Artillery; who was tragically killed in Helmand province of Afghanistan on 15th December 2008.
The tournament, now in its 14th year, has helped to raise well over £175,000 to help local people. Check out the video and photos from 2019
What you need to know:
- Men’s and Women’s Rugby Tournament
- Team entry is £200*, payable by the 30th of June 2022.
- All teams will receive a crate of BEER* and BBQ* vouchers.
- £750* prize money to the Men’s Cup Winners and £750* to the Women’s Winners (*subject to number of teams and may be reduced if necessary).
- Children’s inflatable play area and outside bar and stores.
- Fancy dress and live music until late. And lots, lots more…
The tournament kicks off at 12.00 (tbc) with the guns of The Royal Artillery Association. We have space for 20 men’s and women’s teams. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
If you are interested in entering a men’s or women’s rugby team, please email or contact Lewis Harvey on 07749 542051 for more information and payment details. We look forward to hearing from you.
The ALF Team