AGM 2023 Notification - 22nd Aug 2023 @ 7:30pm
- RFU GMS E-mail 01st August 2023
- Club Website: 01st Aug 2023
- Club twitter/Facebook/ Westcliff word 01st Aug 2023
- Various sections/age group managers 01st Aug 2023
- Clubhouse notice board 01st Aug 2023
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE THIRTY_FIFTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE WESTCLIFF RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED (The Company), BEING RESPECTIVELY THE 69TH AND THE 100TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS OF THE ASSOCIATIONS FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE OLD WESTCLIFFIANS RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED AND THE OLD WESTCLIFFIANS RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB, WILL BE HELD AT “THE GABLES” AIRPORT BUSINESS PARK SOUTHEND, CHERRY ORCHARD WAY, ROCHFORD ESSEX ON 22nd August 2023 AT 19.30PM FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES;
- To adopt the Minutes of the 68th Annual General meeting of the Company;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Chairman;
- To receive and adopt the accounts from the Financial Director;
- To receive a report on Senior Rugby (Men & Ladies) from the Director of Rugby;
- To receive a report on Youth & Mini (Boys & Girls) Rugby;
- To set the rates of subscription for the ensuing year;
- To elect/re-elect the Clubs Honorary President, Honorary Vice Presidents and the Officers of The Company for the ensuing year;
- To transact the ordinary business of the Annual General Meeting.
Reports & Documents will be sent out electronically in advance of the meeting, which you will need to bring with you to the meeting.
If, upon reading the various reports & Documents, you have any questions, please submit them in writing via email to HonSec@WestcliffRFC.co.uk by no later than 15th August 2023. Please also indicate which report(s) your question(s) relate to. This will allow for the possible unforeseen occurrence of a last-minute withdrawal of any Club Officer before the meeting and the need to try and obtain the information from them in order to provide an answer. If this proves not to be possible, we will arrange for a written answer to be provided by the report author as soon as possible after the meeting.
Nominations for the positions of Chairman, Club Secretary, Club Treasurer and the other Director roles will need to be submitted to HonSec@WestcliffRFC.co.uk at latest a week prior to the AGM. Nominations must indicate which role is the nomination relates to and it must be seconded. Nominator and Seconder must be Club members who are without membership fee arrears. Including the Chairman, Club Secretary, and Club Treasurer who are also Directors, the Committee will increase to eight (8) to allow for a new Director who would take the lead in Clubhouse maintenance.
No member shall be entitled to vote unless all monies due in respect of current subscriptions for the year 2022/2023 have been paid to the Company.
Any member may appoint a proxy to exercise any or all of their rights to attend, speak and vote at the meeting of which notice is hereby given. The notification of the appointment of a proxy must be in writing signed by the Member making the appointment and given not less than 48 hours before the date of the meeting or any adjournment::-
- By email, to HonSec@WestcliffRFC.co.uk – if emailing the form you must also arrange for the proxy to present the signed copy of the form at the meeting;
- By post, addressed to the Company Secretary at The Gables, Airport Business Park Southend, Cherry Orchard Way, Rochford, Essex SS4 1YG
The AGM Proxy form can be found on the Clubs website, or by clicking on the link here
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD