Members of Westcliff Rugby Football Club (WRFC) enjoy the opportunities and rewards of a community based sports club combined with affiliation to county and national rugby union associations. It is subsequently expected that members will uphold the ethos of the club in all social media interactions. Members will not act in such a way that the image of WRFC is brought into disrepute nor in a way that harms it’s immediate and wider rugby community
Social media can be, when appropriate, an effective tool and is commonly used by the WRFC community to disseminate information, express their views, comments, ideas and criticism on a whole range of issues. WRFC expects members to use social media in a respectful and responsible manner. Social media should not be used to insult, present offensive or inappropriate content or to misrepresent the club or any member of WRFC or the external rugby community.
The purpose of this policy is to set standards of behaviour for the use of social media that are consistent with the broader values and expectations of the WRFC community.
Social Media – refers to all social networking sites such as (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Formspring, YouTube and MySpace, MSN, Stumbleupon, WRFC Website, Team sites such as Pitchero, and includes email and mobile devices.
This Policy applies to all members of WRFC
- Members are expected to show respect to others, including members of the WRFC and wider rugby community and act at all times within the core values of the game.
- Members are also expected to give due respect to the reputation and good name of WRFC.
- When using Social Media, members are expected to ensure that they:
- Respect the rights and confidentiality of others;
- Do not impersonate or falsely represent another person;
- Do not bully, intimidate, abuse, harass or threaten others;
- Do not make defamatory comments;
- Do not use offensive or threatening language or resort to personal abuse towards each other or members of the WRFC or the wider Community;
- Do not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic or incites violence against others;
- Do not post content that harms the reputation and good standing of WRFC or those within its community;
- Members are expected report any content that they encounter that is in breach of this policy to the Club Secretary.
- Any Member wishing to set up any social media interaction which contains any WRFC branding, whether explicit or implied, must seek approval of the Executive Committee and agree to moderate the content in accordance with this policy.
A breach of this policy may also involve a breach of other WRFC policies, and should be read in conjunction with the RFU, and WRFC, codes of conduct, which apply to all members regardless of category or role
A breach of this policy will be considered by the committee, or their delegates, and will be dealt within the current disciplinary structure on a case-by-case basis.
All reports of cyber bullying and other technology misuses will be investigated fully and may result in notification to the police where the WRFC is obliged to do so. Sanctions may include, but are not limited to, suspension, or banning from membership of WRFC. Members must be aware that in certain circumstances where a crime has been committed, they may be subject to a criminal investigation by the police over which WRFC will have no control.
The Westcliff Rugby Committee