NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE THIRTY_THIRD ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE WESTCLIFF RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED (The Company), BEING RESPECTIVELY THE 67TH AND THE 98TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS OF THE ASSOCIATIONS FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE OLD WESTCLIFFIANS RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED AND THE OLD WESTCLIFFIANS RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB, WILL BE HELD AT “THE GABLES” AIRPORT BUSINESS PARK SOUTHEND, CHERRY ORCHARD WAY, ROCHFORD ESSEX ON 1st July 2021 AT 8.00PM FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES;
- To adopt the Minutes of the Thirty Second Annual General meeting of the Company;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Chairman;
- To receive and adopt the accounts from the Financial Director;
- To receive a report on Senior Rugby (Men & Ladies) from the Director of Rugby;
- To receive a report on Youth & Mini (Boys & Girls) Rugby;
- To set the rates of subscription for the ensuing year;
- To elect the Clubs Honorary President and the Officers of The Company for the ensuing year;
- To elect / re-elect other Honorary positions
- To transact the ordinary business of the Annual General Meeting.
In order to undertake a safe AGM we must adhere to the Government’s latest Covid19 advice and requirements which includes social distancing. To facilitate this, we will have to adopt the following process:
1. If you wish to attend the AGM, you will firstly need to register your intention by completing and submitting the form by clicking on the button at the top or the bottom of the page by no later than 23rd June 2021. The information collected serves two purposes; firstly, we will know how many people are attending and can set out sufficient seating and ensure that we achieve the necessary social distancing and, secondly, we will comply with the requirements for ‘Track and Trace’.
2. Reports will be sent out electronically in advance of the meeting to those who have registered by 24th June 2021, which you will need to bring with you to the meeting. This means that we will not have to distribute any documents at the meeting, thereby minimising risk of transmission, and the meeting can be conducted in as short a period of time as is possible.
3. If, upon reading the various reports, you have any questions, please submit them in writing via email to Richard HonSec@WestcliffRFC.co.uk Please also indicate which report(s) your question(s) relate to. This will allow for the possible unforeseen occurrence of a last-minute withdrawal of any Club Officer before the meeting and the need to try and obtain the information from them in order to provide an answer. If this proves not to be possible, we will arrange for a written answer to be provided by the report author as soon as possible after the meeting.
If the Government’s advice or requirements relating to Covid19 changes in the period leading up to the meeting, or we find that we can not safetly physically meet, the meeting will take place online. You will be sent an invitation to attend using the email address you have provided as far in advance as we are able and time allows.
Nominations for the positions of Chairman, Club Secretary, Club Treasurer and the other Director roles will need to be submitted to HonSec@WestcliffRFC.co.uk a week prior to the AGM. Nominations must indicate which role is the nomination relates to and it must be seconded. Nominator and Seconder must be Club members who are without membership fee arrears. Including the Chairman, Club Secretary, and Club Treasurer who are also Directors, the Committee will increase to eight (8) to allow for a new Director who would take the lead in Clubhouse maintenance.
No member shall be entitled to vote unless all monies due in respect of current subscriptions for the year 2020/2021 have been paid to the Company.
Any member may appoint a proxy to exercise any or all of their rights to attend, speak and vote at the meeting of which notice is hereby given. The notification of the appointment of a proxy must be in writing signed by the Member making the appointment and given not less than 48 hours before the date of the meeting or any adjournment::-
- By email, to HonSec@WestcliffRFC.co.uk – if emailing the form you must also arrange for the proxy to present the signed copy of the form at the meeting;
- By post, addressed to the Company Secretary at The Gables, Airport Business Park Southend, Cherry Orchard Way, Rochford, Essex SS4 1YG
The AGM Proxy form can be found on the Clubs website, or by clicking on the link here
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD